Sunday 4 July 2021

Doppelganger

Yesterday we were watching the comedy film, Murder on the Blackpool Express, on TV and someone appeared in one shot (we joined late) and I could have sworn it was Robert Plant, but it turned out to be Griff Rhys Jones.


See what I mean? There is a high degree of similarity, but it was even closer in the shot I clocked Griff in and could be forgiven for the mistake. There again, I have had a blow on the head.

I've decided to send the new LCD screen and controller for the e-bike back to the sellers. The screen is lacking a full cable and the controller has an entirely different colour coding for the wires from the original and totally different connectors. Not worth the hassle. The lesson is that it's best to buy a complete kit than mix and match parts from different suppliers - a kit supplier will ensure there's some standardisation in the wire colours and connections.

Instead I have messaged the seller of the original 1500W kit and enquired whether they sell the controller separately. If they do, then I'll buy one from them. Much easier to effect the connections and the wire colours will all match.


No comments: