Monday 6 September 2021

Unusual

I've started to think that you know you're getting old when the BBC's headline story is the death, at 39, of someone you've never heard of.

Talking of things I've never heard of before, I can't say I've ever seen this before:


A car with a 240 volt, 3 pin socket in the back.

Talking of the unusual, I've had an idea about some foliage for the house. I'm currently arranging the planting of a climbing rose and a wisteria against the house on our front patio - one either side of our French doors. 


It's rather a pain, as I had to grind some existing patio slabs and get down under the cement, membrane, rubble and hardcore that forms the bed for our patio. I still have compost to source and have simply placed the pots in the holes for now.

The idea I came up with is to grow runner beans on a trellis against the house on the other patio. It would be an annual crop, would provide some leafy adornment and provide food within easy reach.

The mobile patio heater is now fully operational.


While I was at it, I welded some areas of attention on Trigger's Ride-on-Mower. Hay has urged me not to de-rust and paint it, as she likes the rustic and utilitarian patina. The oil, inside and outside, burned off during the test firing. The draw on it is good and it doesn't require holes in the bottom, but I am going to put some in anyway as a rain drain.


No comments: