Monday 11 October 2021

DIY Light Fitting II

Apropos of yesterday's post on a canoe light fitting for the static caravan; I've had another couple of ideas - using a wooden surfboard would produce a short and sleek design, even if it's more seawater oriented than a canoe.


This part-complete, wooden surfboard on Facebook Market took my attention. There's just something about its unfinished quality it that I like.


Even driftwood has potential.


I've found a bloke in Chepstow, just across the Severn Bridge, who sells chunks of yew, which look suitable.


However, I think I prefer the surfboard to the driftwood - it's more stylish. Wooden surfboards aren't cheap, but now, with winter approaching, is the ideal time to buy one 2nd hand. Sinking a couple or three spotlights into one would not be difficult. Watch this space.


No comments: