Friday 8 October 2021

The SL

The 500SL has been cleaned to within an inch of its life, but there's an area of paint on a pillar of the hardtop that needs some slight attention, although it will mean a complete respraying of the hardtop to get it right. My sprayer friend has assured me that he'll give me mates' rates for the job.







If the price is right, I may get him to tart up the grey, plastic side skirt, as it's looking a tad tired in places.

I've been spraying the two duff Mass AirFlow sensors I have with electrical contact cleaner on a daily basis in the hope that clearing any gunge will boot at least one of them into action. If not, then I have £450 on hand to get a warrantied one off eBay.

No.1 Son doesn't think I should sell it, once fully operational. I think he has his eye on it for when he reaches 25 and his insurance comes down.

For a 29 year old car it looks immaculate and there's not a spot of rust on it. Mercedes knew how to make cars in the early 90s.

Still of a mind to sell it and get a project GT6.


No comments: