Wednesday 16 March 2022

The Workshop

Well, we've made a start on the garage and workshop - something we should have built when we built the house. 8 years late isn't too bad, I suppose. I say garage and workshop, but what I really mean is lampshade production facility. Excavation started on the 7th and the foundation concrete pour was on Saturday. 





It's being done in three phases, as we don't have all the money - if we hadn't bought the static caravan I could have built 4 garages.

This is a rough idea of what it will look like when finished. I knocked this up as plan for Colin, our tame builder. The garage part is actually going to be longer than illustrated.




Rather than a garage door, like on the plan, I'm probably going to leave the garage section open and use a roll-up wall, which I saw at our local Lotus/Morgan dealership.


It only needs to be closed in the instance of when I'm doing any spraying, so this closure is perfect. Rather than green, I'll choose something in keeping with the oak cladding - silver grey, or similar.


No comments: