Monday 11 July 2022

Camshaft Lamp

 The plans for a camshaft lamp aren't progressing that well.




I used an angle grinder to remove one end of the camshaft and found what at first glance looked like the tell-tale traces of a small, cylindrical rod that went through the middle. On the basis of this, I removed the other end a few days later, only to find it was indeed solid all the way through.


It is possible that grinding the ends off fused any internal rod to the ends, but grinding a bit more on the flat and banging away with a pointed thingy and a lump hammer didn't produce any results in terms of dislodging a potential central shaft.

Now I could simply put the flex along the exterior of the camshaft, or get someone to gun drill the length of it, but the former is unsightly and the latter is likely to be rather expensive, so I'll continue my search for a hollow camshaft.


No comments: