Thursday 21 July 2022

Let Battle Commence

When doing some shopping in Aldi I noticed they were selling a 12m Battle Rope for £30. "Mmmm," thinks I, "I might get one of those."


A Battle Rope is a long rope that's attached at mid point to an anchor point on a wall. You grab both ends and then waggle your arms up and down in a snapping motion, transmitting a sine wave to the rope. This, allegedly, gives you a really serious upper body workout. 

The perfect place to install the Battle Rope is on the wall between what will be my garage and my workshop, on which work is set to start again in August.

Studies have shown that a 10 minute Battle Rope workout, 3 times a week, significantly boosts metabolic burn resulting in high heart rates and energy expenditure. Given I can no longer run, due to a recurring pain in one foot, I'm prepared to give this a go once the garage and workshop are completed. I don't want to attach the Battle Rope to the wall just yet, as there's very little stability in the wall till the roof goes on and I don't want to risk pulling the damned thing down.


I have literally done no exercise at all since Christmas and so the flab has been increasing at a slow rate. This can't be allowed to continue.

Just had an idea for a mobile Battle Rope anchor point! 


The car's towbar.... 


No comments: