Wednesday 13 July 2022

Clean Air

I've noticed a sharp rise in my solar panel electricity generation during the lockdowns.



Here's an enlargement of the particular time period.


The charts show annualised generation and the start of the lockdowns coincide with a sustained and uncharacteristic period of increase, which I can only attribute to cleaner air and more sunlight getting through.

There are numerous studies that show solar generated output to have increased by various amounts during the pandemic. In my case, the increase was just short of 8%.

It just goes to show how much pollution there is in the air from traffic.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone made observations after the 11th of September World Trade Center attack. Fewer panels then but for a couple of weeks, no condensation trails.