Wednesday 28 September 2022

Trigger's Ride-on-Mower Returns

I had occasion to rethread the deck belt on the replacement rode-on-mower and decided to remove the plastic cowling, so as to make things easier in future - it exposed a catalogue of previous Triggerish repairs (Trigger's broom from Only Fools and Horses) and rust holes. No wonder it was a bargain. 




Some idiot, instead of welding new metal into a gaping hole, had pop-rivetted and bolted some aluminium over it. 

Luckily I know a guy who is a magician when it comes to welding. He has autism and has severe problems with reading and writing, but he compensates for that by being a real craftsman when it comes to welding. 

For around £200 he'll make it look like new, after which I will apply rust converter and Hammerite to ensure no return of the problem. The cost will be well worth it and the total price for the mower and the repair will still make it a bargain. I should be getting the renovated deck back today or tomorrow.

The operation manual I found for the mower surprisingly showed it has cruise control. When new, these things sold for £3,995, so I'm going to really look after it.


No comments: