Friday 30 September 2022

Truss

No, not that Truss - the roof trusses for the new garage and workshop have arrived!







Colin, our builder, is forecasting the end of November for the work to be complete. He has to fit us in between other jobs that pay more, which we're cool with.

I spotted a Triumph GT6 project on eBay yesterday that didn't sell (opening bid was £2,000). While the majority of the restoration work had been completed, it was obviously too much for prospective buyers. It has some modifications that bring it up-to-date to improve handling and reliability (uprated shocks, electronic ignition, ss exhaust, etc.).





The benefit of buying a restoration project in this state is that a lot has been done, you can see the results and there are no hidden surprises at a later stage. 

I contacted the owner and asked how much his reserve price was, which was £4,000, and told him that I'd buy it if it was still available when my garage is complete. He seemed quite happy with that - fingers crossed. A bit of negotiation when I have the readies in my hand would likely reduce that price slightly.


No comments: