Tuesday 10 January 2023

DS 21 Convertible

I recently became aware, and I can't remember how, of the Citroen DS 21 Convertible, arguably one of the most beautiful cars ever made.




However, I was horrified about the price these cars can fetch - anywhere from £90k to £200k. They were manufactured between 1958 and 1973, being expensive when first sold as there were only 1,365 ever made.

The entire DS range had several innovations that weren't copied by other manufacturers till many years later - if at all. Back to the Future II had a futuristic taxi which was based on a DS saloon.


Matthewson's, the classic car auction house in Thornton-le-Dale that's the subject of the TV programme Bangers and Cash, have a DS21 saloon in their upcoming auction on the 3rd and 4th February.


The saloon versions aren't that rare, but I'd give my eye teeth (or, rather, the one that's left) for a DS 21 Convertible.