Sunday 15 January 2023

Porsche 198 Spyder

Yay! Harry's book has arrived and I shall be digging into it ASAP.

The other day I had occasion to go to Reigate to collect a car. On the way, on the M25, I passed the car shown in the photos below. Didn't have a clue what it was until I saw the Porsche logo, and even then I had to look it up.



It's a Porsche 918 Spyder, of which just under a thousand were made in a production run that finished in 2015.

It's actually a hybrid and on electric power it has a range of 12 miles. Hardly seems worth it - that's just about enough to manoeuvre it in your garage.

You can buy one for around £600k, despite them being over 8 years old now. Can't be very fast, as I overtook it in a Mercedes van.


2 comments:

Roger said...

If I had a car worth that much money I would be frightened to go out in it!

George said...

And you'd never get a wheelbarrow in the back of it...