Saturday 27 May 2017

Jimmy Sweep's Paths of Glory


Hay's dad had had the chimney sweep round yesterday for the once yearly brush out. I do like his advert on his van.


I'm making good progress with the paths mown through the lawn. It's turning out better than I thought it would, but next year I'll be trying to add more than just buttercups, daisies and the odd poppy.




This is the area I'm still trying to reclaim from the spoil of the house and cabin footings. I'm going over sections of it on the ride-on mower on the highest setting, but still shredding cutting deck drive belts like they're going out of fashion. I bought a small harrow to drag behind the mower, which works well, but additionally drags thousands of buried stones to the surface - large ones from buried, Cotswold stone walls and scalpings from the car park we made.


Here's what's been reclaimed so far from all over the filed/garden. Enough to make a decent wall or two.


We planted a pear tree a quince and a plum tree last weekend and intend adding to them to create a fruit orchard. We already have two large and old apple trees and a couple of plum trees on the other side of the garden.

No comments: