Thursday 12 October 2017

Camembert Catastrophe on Facebook


Not content with one disaster, I compounded it last night while Hay was away for a couple of days. I made baked Camembert for No.2 Son and self, using Lidl Camembert, forgetting it should be made with pasteurised Camembert and ending up with the usual curdled, rubbery mess.

The image below is what it should look like; mine was more like one of those plastic replicas of food you see in restaurant windows in Japan.


Well, it's skinny day today, so I shouldn't be able to make a mess of a simple soup toight.

Facebook is becoming rather a nuisance. I'm constantly having to move my cursor to view what I want to view when scrolling, as things keep popping out of the background whenever the cursor goes over hyperlinks, of which there are simply too many these days. if it's not a damned advert for something I'll never buy, it's unnecessary information about people having posted a reply.

There's a PC-based application called Data Selfie that monitors your Facebook usage and makes an attempt at interpreting that, drawing a conclusion about your proclivities. However, it doesn't take into consideration why you're looking at a particular page, just the fact you're there. Nor does it take into account your smartphone viewing habits. The application has me down as as a conservative Christian, whereas nothing could be further from the truth. The only reason I visit such pages is to have arguments with conservative Christians. I wondered why I kept seeing adverts for guns and bibles - all is now clear.


No comments: