Tuesday 21 August 2018

Age Related


A few days ago, I told someone I know who is in their 30s that Aretha Franklin had died, but he had not a single clue as to who she was. Is that a sign of growing old? He did recognise Respect when I played it on YouTube though, but still didn't know it was Aretha.


I'm convinced I'm raising a strain of super-agile flies in the house. We've had a plague of them this summer, along with wasps. I usually try to swat the flies with a cloth, but I've noticed of late that they're dodging the tea towel with relative ease. Either that, or I'm sowing down. Another sign of age?

Yet another sign of ageing - words that I have never come across before, such as doxxing (or doxing). which apparently means publishing private information about someone on the internet with malign intent.

Saw the funniest thing the other day - an elderly chap on a mobility scooter was trundling along the pavement headed for deepest, darkest Old Sodbury, resplendent in a hi-viz jacket emblazoned with the word SECURITY. Probably worked in Wetherspoon's.


No comments: