Friday 24 August 2018

The Female Key Fob in Tesco


The handbag allows women to carry more than men can in their pockets - a lot more. Take this picture of Hay's key fob.


There's a single car key and, hidden in there somewhere, one more key for her office. The rest is an amalgam of ironmongery, plastic (most of which is replicated in her purse) and a wooden animal. Far more than I could carry in my pocket. I wonder if it's a female attempt at ensuring the car key can't be lost; mine go missing with an alarming frequency, but that's probably for another reason.

I've taken to entering Tesco's ground floor when skating in their covered car park at 5am. The floor is glass-smooth and absolutely fantastic for rollerblading. I'm going to have to search for more comfortable boots though - the ones I have don't half bite into one of my ankles. I think I'm going to have to look for 'soft boot' skates. While I've still not fallen on my arse yet, I'm now practising the hockey stop, but have quite a way to go before perfecting it. This isn't me, by the way.



No comments: