Tuesday 23 July 2019

Exterminate!


Got myself an HMV Cavendish Beehive heater from the 50s - this was the inspiration for the heads of the DALEKs of Dr Who fame.



I was considering touching it up, but I think it's better in its original state and, while they're not all that expensive now, repainting old items can reduce their future value by half.

I'd like to find out exactly when it was made from the serial number, but I can't seem to find any information source as yet. However, looking at the model number, it does look as if it's a late model, as there were HC1 to HC5 models before this HC6 one.

I've joined the UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration forum where there are some threads on the Cavendish, so I await further assistance with model and serial numbers. It's always good to have a provenance.

People have a habit of turning broken ones into lamps - or DAKEKs...


No comments: