Tuesday 30 July 2019

Just Desserts


I was filling my car up yesterday at the local fuel station yesterday, where there has been a problem for a couple of weeks with one of the pumps not being operational.


A driver decided he couldn't wait for the car ahead to move, left from the entrance and came in again from the exit side. The customer who was busy in the kiosk paying had to reverse out and exit from the entrance side, thankful there wasn't another car behind him. Rather ill mannered of the driver in a hurry, but it didn't affect me as I was on the other set of pumps.

When I came in to pay it transpired that the driver in a hurry had left his credit / debit card in the payment machine. While I was in a position to race after him in my car and give him his card back, I decided not to and that poetic justice should take its course.

Something I find inexplicable is drivers insisting on driving in with the fuel filler facing the fuel pump. With very few exceptions, any fuel pump has enough hose to reach to the other side of the car or van. People will queue for 10 minutes just to ensure their fuel filler is on the same side as the pump, despite the other side of the pump having no cars there.


No comments: