Monday 9 December 2019

Elecktrickery IV


Well, after only 2 days of being up for sale, the VW e-Up! sold for the asking price, the customer being from Lymington on the South coast. My strategy of taking a calculated risk and underwriting the car for the dealership, simply to prove a point, has paid off. Hopefully, we'll now be buying more, if we can find them.




OK, so I'm doing a bit of blatant advertising for my employer...

The customer wants it delivered. Given I'm headed to Winchester next Sunday to collect No.2 Son from university for his Christmas break, I'll probably drop it off with Hay following me in our car. She can do a December swim in the sea off Hurst Castle too, thus killing three birds with one stone.

Looking at the route and consulting the PlugShare App, I can recharge the car at Chievely Services at the junction of the M4 and A34. That will save us £200 on the hire of a transporter. It also means I can perform a proper hand-over of the car.

We were doing some fixed point photography of an ecological site between Slad and Painswick yesterday and I spotted this wonderful sign of solidarity and common sense on the Ecotricity HQ building in Stroud.


Ecotricity is a very interesting company, especially in the way it's promoting the use of EVs. I'd rather trust Dale Vince, its CEO, than any politician when it comes to green matters.


No comments: