Thursday 5 December 2019

New Unicycle


Well, I succumbed and obtained the whitewall tyred unicycle I found on Facebook Market; however, the story of the acquisition is serendipitous. It transpires it was advertised by a salesman at a local Hyundai dealership - the very dealership we buy part exchanges from. 


It was advertised for £40 and I offered £20. We settled on £30, which I consider a bargain. I must have the coolest unicycle in Old Sodbury - come to think of it, probably the only unicycle in Old Sodbury.

The reason for buying it is that my old unicyle was suffering from a loose pedal which, despite repeated attempts at tightening it up, kept falling off halfway through practice sessions and curtailing them after two or three runs.

The chap who sold it couldn't get along with it, but that was hardly surprising as he had it set to 30 psi, which is far too low (they need to be around 90 psi). It must have been like trying to unicycle through treacle. He'd had exactly zero offers, probably due to the lack of circus performers in the locale.

Practice continues, with incremental improvements.



I filmed it in the hated portrait mode due to me not being able to keep the mobile phone upright in landscape; however, I have a solution to that, but it's still in the post - a nifty, credit card sized thing that acts as an adjustable stand.


No comments: