Tuesday 6 October 2020

Crystal Clear Doctors

The new pond / pool has stabilised and we can now see right to the bottom, even at the 6 foot end.


The amount of life in it is phenomenal. I'm buggered if I know how much of it actually gets in there in the first place. Waterboatmen, for example, live their entire lifecycle in water, so how did they get in? There's a plethora of dragonfly larvae there too. Now Hay can get on with filling it to the top with rainwater, although the weather seems to be doing a good job of that by itself.

Called my surgery yesterday because I'm a bit concerned about this numbness in my upper thigh. However, I was told to phone back later, as their system was down. Phoning back later was pointless, as everyone else was also phoning back. They don't seem to be able to do anything without their bloody system; what happened before they had systems? I remember those days - I'd leave my number and the doctor would phone me back for a telephone consultation, which is exactly what happens now, but my number and symptoms have to be logged on 'the system' in order for the process to work. A slip of paper is no longer suitable.


No comments: