Thursday 13 January 2022

Peak Parody

 I believe we've hit peak parody.

I have watched several satires of PartyGate and was initially convinced I was watching reality, not satire. I had to check on the names of the individuals to satisfy my mind.

The best one was Rosie Holt pretending to be a Conservative MP being interviewed about whether she'd attended the 20th May party. It's priceless and here it is:

I'd never heard of Rosie Holt before and was convinced she was a Conservative MP. I also saw an interview with Boris' Mini-Me (Michael Fabricant) and was convinced that was a satire, but it wasn't.

We are in the midst of a parody administration. It's not a case of if, but when Boris goes. The Red Wall MPs, most of which have only wafer-thin majorities, must be bricking themselves. I don't think it's an accident that my own Conservative MP, Luke Hall, emailed his constituents over a minor matter and managing to sneak into the email a poll of voting intentions at the next election. Mid term? The backbenchers are on the move and I can't see Boris lasting another week. To quote Cromwell; "In the name of God, go!"

I'm just waiting now for the Conservative leadership election to start on TV. Any cabinet member who is coming out now to support Boris must surely be excluded on the basis of lack of intelligence.

Global Britain - represented by Boris and Andrew. Phew, what an impression that must give.