Friday 9 February 2024

Stumbling Around

I think I've mentioned before that in the last 9 to 12 months, especially since having contracted Covid, I have found myself stumbling around rather more than usual. I put it down to ageing or an after-effect of Covid; however, I had a suspicion that my last set of spectacles may have been causing the problem, as I'd gone for the cheaper varifocal option which doesn't give as wide a varifocal view.


Anyway, I decided to order a new pair of specs from Glasses Direct. Perhaps I should have had another eye test before doing so, just in case the prescription had changed, but I was desperate to stop stumbling around. 

I went for the top spec, wide-angle in varifocals and, hey presto, no more stumbling around. Driving is also a lot less fraught, as I have a wider angle of clear vision at junctions and when coming out of our drive. 

One thing I have noticed of late is that I have become a lot less confident when reversing in cars, but that might be a learned habit from having worn poor varifocals for a considerable period of time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too go to el cheepo with my prescription and think I get a better deal than using high street shops. Free eye check every 2 years. Ask for prescription as inevitably there is a change and say I’ll think about it. 😂😂😂