Thursday 8 February 2024

Twirly

I went on public transport yesterday - got a bus from Chipping Sodbury to Bristol Parkway rail station. It was only the 2nd time I've ever attempted to use my Diamond Travel Card.

I presented my card to the card reader and the bus driver rudely called me a Twirly. Apparently pensioners who use their travel cards before off-peak are too early, hence Twirly. I wasn't aware they can only be used at off-peak times. Luckily fares are still capped at £2.

I was going to Bedford to collect a car from the auction and went through London, travelling for the first time ever on the new Elizabeth line. Spotted this and wasn't sure whether it was ghosts, the result of a nuclear flash or just dirt from people. Nasty!


Allegedly it's caused by people leaning back and damaging the paintwork. 

When I got on the ThamesLink train at Farringdon I saw the following signage on the overhead display system:


I somehow don't think British Transport Police would be interested in me telling them about the current government...


3 comments:

RannedomThoughts said...

Where I live, I can use my bus pass any time. Just felt like crowing.

Although this may change if the Council has to make more cuts.

David Boffey said...

"wasn't sure whether it was ghosts, the result of a nuclear flash or just dirt from people. Nasty!"
I used to a fair amount of travel in many cities worldwide and saw those marks quite often. Sweat or particles off clothes?

Roger said...

Those ghost marks are all the same height!!