Thursday 25 April 2024

Over the Top?

Hay seems to think my idea of veneering the wood burner logs with burr walnut is going somewhat over the top. 


She simply doesn't understand art.... After my success with the dash panel I am curiously overcome with a desire to veneer everything in sight.

I have found the Triumph GT6 forum on Facebook to be invaluable. You can ask any question and you'll be bombarded with answers, some of them utterly mad, but many very creative.

Here's a couple of photos from a bloke who covered his dashboard top in red leather and the fascia in grey leather.



His GT6 is red, so it works wonderfully.

Guess what I found in my garage while tidying things up?


Walnut coloured leatherette with a felt backing! I bought it when I made a heat-resistant topper for our previous dining table. This offcut is too small to do the entire top of the dash, but I could easily get some more, giving it a thin foam backing to bring about the correct profile contours. It would go well with both the walnut veneered dash and the opalescent golden sand I'm intending to spray the car in.



No comments: