Tuesday 16 April 2024

Rip-Off Kwik Fit 2

Apropos of yesterday's post on the purchase of some automotive light bulbs, yesterday I went to my local car parts emporium in Chipping Sodbury and got 3 x 501 bulbs for £1.50, as opposed to one from Kwik-Fit for £12.95.


I can understand adding a quid, or even a couple of quid, but adding £12.45 to a small lightbulb is daylight robbery.

I immediately went to Kwik Fit and asked for a refund on all three bulbs I'd purchased (it transpired I already had a spare brake light). The chap in charge (who I know) told me that there'd be no problem, but I'd need to return on Thursday, as only the manager can refund cash payments. I shall be there at opening on Thursday to get my £40 back.

To be fair, it took the bloke who sold them to me about 20 minutes to produce the invoice, so I guess I was paying for his time....


No comments: