Thursday 6 September 2018

Customer Service II


I saw this sign on the common outside our house and considered signing up..


I put the phone number (blanked out in my photo) into my mobile and up popped the phone number of my friend from over the road, who is a consulting engineer and has also built his own house. The difference is that he built his with his own hands, rather than using contractors, like I did. He can turn his hand to just about anything.

It turns out he's waiting till he gets 6 takers and then he'll offer 6 x 2 hour sessions for £60, which I think is excellent value for money.

The problem with plumbers around here at present is that you can't rely on them to turn up when they say they will, yet they complain vociferously about Eastern European plumbers taking their business. My builder says most British plumbers he knows are only prepared to work on large projects that guarantee weeks, or even months, of work and even he is let down continuously by them for smaller jobs. His advice is to forgive them for not turning  up when scheduled - several times -  and putting yourself completely at their mercy in the hope they will eventually turn up one day. Either that, or find an Eastern European plumber who will be guaranteed to turn up when he says he will and do a good job.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It wasn't long ago I heard that the UK needed to import (?) 60,000 plumbers to satisfy the needs of the brit. public. I thought, "That's a lot!". Looks like it was true.
Good idea to DIY it. A bit far for me to get there...