Friday 18 October 2019

A Crowbar to Crack a Nut


Yesterday a friend and I removed a couple of settees from another mutual friend's flat as a favour, as he's recovering from an appendicitis. The main problem is that we only had a small van, meaning we had to dismantle the settees in order to get them in the van (they were destined for our bonfire pile anyway).

We duly went to Sherston, armed with a sledgehammer and a couple of crowbars. My friend, Mike, managed to demolish the sledgehammer on the 2nd settee, which was proving a tougher nut to crack than the first.


I then took to one of the settee arms with a crowbar - it slipped and gave me a massive crack on my head. Undeterred, I set to again. This time it slipped and sailed through the air, doing a somersault in the process and - yes, it cracked me on the nut again, but with a much heavier blow. It was agony.

Never going near crowbars again.


2 comments:

kate steeper said...

i would recommend a chainsaw next time , but dont answer the door with it in your hand . The postman runs

Steve Borthwick said...

Just steer clear of any manual labour - solved :)