Tuesday 29 October 2019

Sleepy Rose


From a previous post, you'll have gleaned that we're watching the new TV adaptation of The Name of the Rose, by Umberto Eco.


Of late, I've been having trouble keeping awake in the evenings - probably to do with getting up at 04:40 to go and do my unicycling practice. It has been exacerbated since the weekend with the clock change (I had to go to bed at 8pm on Sunday evening).

On Monday evening it was time to watch episode 3 on catch-up, but given I'd fallen asleep for a bit of episode 2, I suggested to Hay that we watch episodes 1 and 2, back to back, and then watch episode 3, just in case I'd missed anything.

We duly proceeded to watch 1 and 2, but I once more fell asleep around two thirds into episode 1 and only woke up to the end credits of episode 2. Hay suggested we went to bed.

Last night Hay thought we'd watch episode 3 and I suggested we watch all three episodes back to back. You can imagine what the response was. We launched straight into episode 3. 

After about 20 minutes I must have inadvertently nodded off, as I woke to the end credits...


No comments: