Friday 4 October 2019

Charity Shop Lottery Video


I think Hayley is going to play mind games with me - I asked her whether the shirt I liberated from a charity shop (for the 2nd time) would find its way back there. She said possibly, but that the next time she wouldn't tell me which charity shop.

Seems I've become a bit of a minor celebrity. A member of staff at a supplier showed my work colleague a Facebook video his mate had taken in Tesco car park of some old bugger practising riding a unicycle. He took it from his car at 5am last weekend. My work colleague recognised it as me. Got some nice comments on the Facebook post though.

I'm still doing my daily 20 minutes and the confidence is increasing with every session, but I still need the rail at the side to correct me every few pedals or so. I think I may crack it within another 2 or 3 weeks.

Daily Brexit Update:

I keep asking Brexiteers to give me a single, tangible benefit of Brexit, but I still haven't received one cogent answer in over 3 years. They keep banging on about totally inconsequential, touchy-feely stuff, demonstrating their dogmatic devotion to a process they can't articulate a single benefit for, but they nevertheless want it now. It's purely driven by emotion.

The latest one was; "We don't have to join an EU Army," backed up by a video of a Lt. General going on about how bad an idea it is. It may well be a bad idea, but that merely demonstrates they (and the Lt. General) don't understand the meaning of the word veto. In the EU we'd; a) have a choice of joining or not, and b) have a veto over the whole damned thing. Outside of the EU we don't get a choice - we can't participate, even it turns out to be a brilliant idea that works perfectly and the Lt. General is mistaken - they're not infallible. Where's the benefit in that?

If Trump manages to beat the odds on impeachment, which seems slim at present (his latest action calling for China to investigate the Bidens appears to be a concerted effort to use an insanity plea), I don't think NATO can rely on America for much longer. That leaves only Canada and Turkey as non-EU aligned, the rest being either EU, EEA or EFTA, with the majority being full-fat EU. It would certainly be dominated by the EU.


There must surely be some benefit of leaving the EU, else why do it? Help me, someone, or give your head a wobble and come to your senses.


No comments: