Friday 19 March 2021

That's Better

The griddle for the kono arrived on Tuesday, along with the bespoke poker. The poker is the perfect shape for spreading the hot charcoal. I'll just have to shave a couple of millimetres off one side of the griddle for a firm and close fit.


Hay also ordered a tiny, one person, flatpack, stainless steel version of our firepit from the fabricator. It only measures 25cm square and is meant for taking on hikes. Given you need wood and to carry it with you, it's a bit of a luxury on a hike. It's not as if the weight is inconsequential when walking - it must weigh at least a couple of kilos.


I wanted our large version to be stainless, but he only makes them in mild steel, which is obviously subject to rusting.

The new bell rope also arrived (I couldn't be bothered buying a load of rope and getting it wrong 20 odd times). This one was made to order and to my specific dimensions.


I think I will move the bell slightly higher, as it risks braining anyone walking past it at its current height. The got a lacquering to protect it from UV and dirt. The bell itself may require lacquering too, if I don't want to be polishing it every week.


No comments: