Wednesday 3 March 2021

The Full Poirot

Since just after New Year I've been cultivating a rather luxurious moustache. At the start of every year I always have a little play with the beard.


The idea came from the Kenneth Branagh portrayal of Poirot, where he sports a magnificent upper lip decoration. In Branagh's case, it was enhanced by having mohair woven into it, whereas mine is unenhanced, except for a bit of Tash Wax.


I have the benefit of being quite hirsute high on my cheeks, so there's a lot more to play with.

The secret is to grow the bit around the septum so long that it reaches almost the full width of the tash, which takes a considerable time. Most people get fed up with it before it reaches that stage and end up shaving them off. I reckon another 6 months might do it, although it could be more.

Hay isn't impressed with it. I may have to invest in a tash hammock for night time... 


No comments: