Wednesday 11 May 2022

Ordering Specs Off the Internet

The last couple of pairs of glasses I bought were from Glasses Direct. A very good service, but I've vome across a problem that you don't get with glasses you buy from a high street shop.

When you receive your internet ordered glasses, there's no-one to adjust them for your particular physiognomy - the arms are generally too long, resulting in the glasses slipping down your nose.

I decided to 'fit' them myself, which the aid of a heat gun, but perhaps I should have used a less powerful hairdryer.

Because I'd used too much heat, one of the arms became a bit brittle and, while fiddling with them the other day, I managed to break off part of the arm that goes over my ears.


To compensate for the shortness of one arm, I broke off a bit of the other arm to level them up. However, I broke a little too much, so I now need to break a little more off the first broken arm, ad infinitum.


Decided to simply buy another pair - over the internet... 


No comments: