Monday 20 March 2023

Lighting

Went to our local junk emporium on Sunday and found a light I particularly liked - it was one of a pair, along with a couple of wall sconces, but I only wanted the one light to go over the table project. 

A bargain at £18, but I wish I had space for the two, as there's nothing quite like a pair of identical lights in the same room (not forgetting that our house is 95% open plan).


Very Art Deco, which goes with the theme in our house.

As luck would have it, the light still had the maker's label on the inside of the ceiling rose. It was made by a company called Northern Lights in 2012 and the company is still trading. They are a bespoke lighting company which does commissions for various venues, such as hotels. They have some beautiful stuff and I have bookmarked them.

I went back and purchased the other light fitting. Despite us not having a ceiling light in the living room area (no wiring and no switch), it doesn't actually need to be lit, and having the two in the same space will just look so fantastic.


I just couldn't resist a combined price of £36 for such beautiful lights. Shhh - Hay doesn't know I bought the 2nd set.


No comments: