Thursday 30 March 2023

Triumph GT6 Colours

Apropos of yesterday's post regarding the near completion of the garage and workshop, I hope to be collecting my GT6 project fairly soon - within the month is the target.

I found a few colours I rather like, when eventually I get round to painting it:




The first one is quite attractive, if non original and is a German car. The colour split makes it appear lower and sleeker. However, no GT6 was ever two-tone.

The gunmetal is redolent of classic Aston Martins. 


The final one looks similar to opalescent golden sand, if a tad browner, which was a colour used by Jaguar between 62 and 68 (my dad had an S Type Jag in opalescent golden sand and a lot of E-Types came in that colour).



I think I'll go for opalescent golden sand. Understated, yet refined and sophisticated. The problem with that colour, however, is that there are a lot of different shades, depending on manufacturer.

I had been toying with the idea of Ford Tangerine Scream, which is a pearlescent yellow. 


A bit in-your-face though and not at all classic.

I stress tested the colours on some acquaintances. The older ones (over 55) liked the golden sand, but the younger ones much preferred the gunmetal, labelling the golden sand as fuddy-duddy, which will do for me. I could still be persuaded either way though.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw a tv program with a north wales antique dealer who in addition to his antiques show has another where he buys restores and sells classic cars. He did an MH using a mint green/ grey colour that was or very close to the Aston Martin equivalent. It looked incredible and totally suited the car and very unique. The intent was to create a mini Aston M.