Thursday 7 September 2023

And a Bit More

 Had a go at the back of the windscreen pillars yesterday.


The N/S pillar rust holes, which weren't too bad, were blobbed with weld to close them up, sprayed with Jenolite, ground back, skimmed with filler and primered. A decent job that will last. 

The O/S, however, definitely needed some cropping and replacing. I cut out the main rust, hammering in the sides of the gap to rebate it. I then made a repair panel, bending it in to a slight V and putting notches in the perimeter so the plug welds in the notches were flat. The V ensured it wouldn't stand proud. 





A skim of filler after another coat of Jenolite, inside and out, then completed the job, keeping it flush with the original metal.


I can now wait for the gutter replacement sections and determine how I'm going to handle them - at least there will be solid metal to pop rivet them into - and, if I use them at all, I will have to pop rivet them with there being filler in there.

No more updates for a few days, as I've repainted the garage floor and it takes several days to dry.


No comments: