Monday 11 September 2023

Goodwood Revival

Went with Hay to the Goodwood Revival on Saturday. We didn't dress up, as it was blisteringly hot - 30 degrees.

Here's my video of the classic cars in the classic car park, which are free to view.

The visit was a present to Hay on what was our wedding anniversary. I could see she was so excited when I collected her from a hedge under which she was sheltering under from the sun. Her tears of joy and sobs of appreciation were a sight to behold. I didn't see her while I was wandering around - she must have become entranced by a couple of classic cars.

I suspect many of the attendees had decided on their wardrobe months ahead, not allowing for the fact it would be bloody hot. Men in plus fours, tweed suits and cloth caps were sweating cobs and looked ever so uncomfortable.

It was very international - I heard Dutch, Belgian, French, Norwegian, Italian, etc. Last year I went on a Friday and there were far fewer people; next year I'll probably go on the Friday again - and take the motorhome as a refuge, a toilet and a food/drink prep area.


1 comment:

David Boffey said...

Heaven