Friday 29 September 2023

Nibbler II

Being in Lidl last Sunday I couldn't help but look at the centre isle tools. What did I see? A single, forlorn, cordless nibbler.

I hummed and aaahed about it and decided not to buy it, but returned the next day and snapped it up before anyone else got it. It looked as if it needed a good home.


And, I must say, I'm very impressed. It's far better than the Sealey air nibbler I bought, which has a habit of jamming in the cut, tends to go all over the show and doesn't leave a tidy edge.


The Parkside nibbler produces a very refined cut and is very controllable, as you can see from the test cuts I made on 1.2mm mild steel. It cut through it like butter. The only negative is that you're limited to the diameter of any circle you may want to cut - very tight bends are troublesome as it jams.

As with all Parkside tools these days, it doesn't come with a battery and you have to buy that separately. Luckily I already had one for my cordless angle grinder and cordless sander.

Some pics of the work on the rear end of the GT6 I mentioned yesterday:



I wasn't 100% happy with the fall angle to the rear edge, so sanded away some of the excess bodyfiller I'd applied previously.


No comments: