Thursday 14 September 2023

New Rebuild Project

The rebuild of the GT6 will take some time, but it won't keep me occupied throughout retirement, so I have to give thought as to what the next project would likely be.

There is a school of thought that says you should start a project on the basis of parts you already have.


Given that chrome object above the AirB&B door is the rocker cover from a Spitfire Griffon engine and has been there for the last 5 years or more, I wonder whether the next project shouldn't be to rebuild a Supermarine Spitfire?

Or, on the basis of the ship's porthole in the door, perhaps I can rebuild a Titanic in the garage.

Answers on a postcard.

I forgot to order the gutter channels for the GT6. I was convinced I'd ordered them but, according to my bank account, I hadn't. Anyway, I ordered and received them.




Looking at their simplicity, I should have made them myself; however, £17 ain't a fortune. The left hand one needs a little bit of grinding and the other fits perfectly. Still not sure whether to pop-rivet if just use two-pack Araldite (professional stuff that comes with a gun that mixes it - sets rock hard in seconds). Given I'll ensure rust won't penetrate behind them, Aralditing them will probably be best from an aesthetic perspective.


1 comment:

David Boffey said...

How about yhis?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/62/59/c1/6259c1ba562c9464763f748dbc69c7fd.jpg