Sunday 19 May 2013

Swivel-Eyed, Quantum Shed, Beckham Chocolate



I'm not sure whether UKIP's politicians are "mad, swivel-eyed loons", but many of them do seem to like their Wagner, if you get my drift.

I'm a salesman, despite also being an MD. One of my problems (and I have many) is working out an optimum route around Europe to see customers that's  both cost effective and efficient in terms of my time, which is rather expensive. Quantum computing appears to be the answer - a quantum computer calculates all possible routes simultaneously before selecting the optimum. Conventional computing, on the other hand, does the calculations sequentially and takes a lot longer. Well, providing I can take a garden shed sized quantum computer, chilled to near absolute zero, along with me on my travels (as schedules do change in midstream), I'll be able to have my route optimised on the trot.

Had a Walnut Whip yesterday - couldn't finish the damned thing. It was the first time I'd had one since around the early '70s and either my sense of taste has changed (which is quite feasible - I didn't like wine or butter beans in my 20s), or today's chocolate has a much higher sugar content. Never tasted anything so sickly sweet.

So Beckham has retired. Much as I hate football and all the prima donnas in the upper echelons, I have to say do like Beckham. Yes, he's made a lot of money, and some despise him for this out of pure envy, but his career has been exemplary - no drug or sex scandals (that were found to be true), no car crashes on the M1 while pissed - he seems to have been just a normal bloke who handled the adulation and money in a much more mature manner than many of his footballing colleagues. If only more footballers were like him - if only more celebrities were like him.


No comments: