Monday 3 April 2023

Cost of Electricty & Some Ash

With the addition of the garden roller, the gap between the bottom of the ash slab and the bearer is now 2.5cm, so I have lost 1 full centimetre of twist so far. Might be time to turn it over today and try from the other side.

I plugged my new electricity prices from British Gas into my spreadsheet on Saturday and was surprised to find that the overall price has gone down. I'm on a variable tariff.


It's interesting to note that the daily standing charge for delivering that electricity has increased from 25.1p per day in 2022 to 53.9p in April 2023.

Now how can the cost of delivering the electricity - the infrastructure - have more than doubled? The argument is to cover suppliers against taking on customers from supply companies that have gone to the wall.

I suspect that knowing prices per kWh will come down dramatically, they're trying to maintain the extraordinary profits they've been making by hiking the daily charge and they'll keep it there. Only time will tell whether that's the real reason, or whether it's about making shit loads of money from us for their shareholders.


No comments: