Wednesday 26 April 2023

Fork Handles & 'O's

 I'll just leave this here as an homage to Ronnie Barker.


I saw them in a hardware shop in Porlock the weekend before last and was tickled.

I had a use for hose, or O's this week. My SpecSavers specs are impossible to bend to fit round my ears. I've taken them to a couple of opticians, but they gave up. I even tried myself with a heat gun, but ended up taking off the ends of the arms on my spare pair.

I resorted to some plastic, slide hook on thingies that are designed to hold them on, but even these don't work properly because they are too loose and the slightest bit of skin grease renders them useless.


I decided to use tiny O rings from my Lidl O ring set, and they work perfectly at keeping the hooks in place. They don't move at all from dawn to dusk. Thanks, Ronnie, for the inspiration.


No comments: