Friday 7 April 2023

Didn't I Do Well?

Managed to get a Makita 235mm circular saw (3" depth cut) and a belt sander from our local 2nd hand emporium yesterday. £55 for them both (£40 for the saw and £15 for the sander). OK, the tracking knob on the sander needed a bit of attention, but a bit of Gorilla Glue sorted that out.


An old school friend put me on to the Makita and I thought I'd have a look at WotNot in Westerleigh, where people take their 2nd hand goods for WotNot to sell and take a commission. 

I'd been over the weekend, but there was nothing. Deep joy yesterday though. The Makita is perfect for cutting the ash slab and is one of the few circular saws with such a deep cut. It's 110V, but that doesn't matter, as I have a transformer for my sliding double bevel saw.

Yes, 235mm circular saws can be hired, but for the cost of the hire I could buy one, and they're always useful if you're a wood collector like me. I may turn it into a table saw once I've chopped the ends off the ash slab.

All I need now is a 1/2 inch router.

While firckling around in the garage I decided to top up all my rechargeable tool batteries. However, I found a large spare battery for which I had no tool. Bloody annoying when that happens. The type of battery indicates it's an Aldi tool, but that was no help. I might have been tempted by it during an Aldi shop, thinking it would fit one of my Aldi tools. Unless, of course, I lent the tool to someone nad it hasn't been returned.


No comments: