Saturday 17 June 2023

Keyrings

 I made a modification to the shotgun cartridge keyrings.


Rather than removing the cap from the plastic and discarding the plastic into the recycling, I now put some grub screws I have (that I've never used, except for one job) into the plastic casing (so it rattles as if there's lead shot inside) and plug it with a 22mm dowel that I turned to fit. More colour, a sound, more lifelike and much easier to produce in numbers.

I learned why a 12 bore is called a 12 bore - if you took one pound of lead and cut it up into 12 equal pieces, one of the pieces, if rolled into a ball, would fit in the barrel of a 12 bore shotgun. 

Similarly, if you cut it into 20 equal pieces, one piece would fit into the barrel of a 20 bore shotgun. The 20  bore consequently has a narrower bore.


No comments: