Thursday 11 January 2024

Facebook Scam Alert

I'm currently selling No.1 Son's car and have it listed on Facebook Marketplace.

I received a message from someone purporting to be interested in it, enquiring if I would consider a swap, along with a link to his alleged advert for his car. On clicking the link I immediately became suspicious, as I was asked to enter my account logon credentials again. I decided to ignore the request as No.1 Son isn't interested in a swap anyway.


The next day I received exactly the same request, using exactly the same wording, confirming my suspicion that the original request was a phishing attempt.

Beware!


1 comment:

Roger said...

I had a similar experience yesterday with an Indian chap wanting to give me a discount on my BT bill. He wanted me to reconfirm my bank account details.