Wednesday 23 November 2016

Gemütlichkeit Blood & Cinnamon Girls


What's our fascination with German markets at Christmas? They're popping up all over the show. The Bath one starts tomorrow and has been a feature for many years, but I'm buggered if I ever saw a stall manned by your actual Germans.


They should just call them Christmas markets. However, it could be said that our Christmas was a German invention that the Victorians latched on to. Christmas trees, cards, gingerbread, cinnamon, cloves, etc.

Giving my 15th donation of blood to the Blood Transfusion Service on the 29th. If you're reasonably fit, I would urge you to donate, especially at this time of year when we know there will be many road accidents, and especially if you're O- (apparently they're short of O in general and O- in particular). I'm O+, which makes me what's called a Universal Donor, meaning my blood can be given to virtually anyone without an adverse reaction.

Bringing the two subject together....



No comments: