Saturday 5 March 2016

Gigi Moment at The Bodkin Hotel


Overheard at The Bodkin Hotel while dining there last night and checking it out as a wedding venue:

Chairman: "Could you live in the house on your own after I kick the bucket?"

Hay: "I'd be blissfully relieved to."

While we were at The Bodkin we had a Gigi moment about something from our mutual past and then simultaneously burst into the song:

H: We met at nine
M: We met at eight
H: I was on time
M: No, you were late
H: Ah, yes, I remember it well We dined with friends
M: We dined alone
H: A tenor sang
M: A baritone
H: Ah, yes, I remember it well That dazzling April moon!
M: There was none that night And the month was June
H: That's right. That's right.
M: It warms my heart to know that you remember still the way you do
H: Ah, yes, I remember it well.

Well, we didn't actually remember all that, just the first few lines, as we disagreed on the exact wording...


No comments: