Sunday 24 June 2018

Daft Punk Spinach


Overheard while I'm watching Croatia vs Argentina and Hay is handing me my dinner:

Chairman: "All these Croats have ic at the end of their names."

Hay: "How's the spinach?"

Chairman: "I don't believe he's playing in this match."

Got my auto-darkening welding mask from China yesterday - yes, it does look a bit Daft Punk.


It works beautifully though, despite costing under a tenner. Used it yesterday to weld a few cracks on the ride-on mower deck. The visor is perfectly clear while you place your welding rod, but the second you strike an arc, sensors detect the UV and it darkens electronically in the blink of an eye. It makes arc welding so much easier.

Found the perfect place for practising my rollerblading - the town shopping centre car park at 5am. Not a soul about and nice long stretches to get up some speed. Another couple of hours practise - say 3 at the outside - and I should be road-safe. Beyond the one enforced mishap outside our backdoor, I haven't fallen over at all yet. Stopping is still an issue though. I want to be able to do the hockey stop, but that's going to take a lot more confidence.

I do need some different rollerblades though; these are really cheap and nasty. I had to remove the tongues as they were an absolute pain to tuck in and were cutting into my ankles. Thick socks might be another solution, but more supple skates with a bit of give would be better.


No comments: