Tuesday 12 July 2016

Ginger Hipster Readings


Flew up to Glasgow yesterday for a business meeting. I know it's a cliche, but never before in my life have I seen so many ginger people in a single day - and they were all women and all attractive. Could have been dye of course.


Another thing I saw lots of was young men with very short hair and large beards of the hipster variety. What do you call older blokes with huge beards? Pensters? Hipsioners?

Plans for the wedding are progressing. We're now focusing on the things I hate - readings. Khalil Gibran and his ilk have been done to death, so we're looking for something novel and off-beat. I suggested we get a few people to read something that combines their job with a wedding or marriage theme; like my brother (an engineer) reading a technical operation manual on women; a doctor friend of ours reading a medical tract on the heart; Hay's sister (an art therapist) reading a critique of The Arnolfini Wedding, etc. A personal favourite of mine is to have a reading of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, but I doubt we'd have the time.


No comments: