Thursday 21 July 2016

House of Cards Drones


I'm increasingly hearing of Powerpoint presentations being described as 'decks'. Never heard the expression before joining my current company, but I just heard Hay use it yesterday too. Seems the term has been around for over a decade without me noticing. Must be an Americanism.


Went out into the garden this morning at about 5:30 and heard what I thought was an electrical buzzing noise. Further investigation revealed a drone hovering in the field by the railway. Resplendent in dressing gown and flip-flops, I wandered over to the field to find a bloke practicing with two drones. The smaller one had cost him over £1,000 and he said I didn't want to know how much the larger one cost. The larger had a range of over 2 miles and is equipped with all the gizmos to make it fail-safe. It's quite rekindled by interest in drones, but it will have to wait till after the wedding and all the cost that will entail.


1 comment:

A Heron's View said...

Puts a new item into the expression of Boy's Toys :-)